Emotional intimacy is extremely important in a relationship. Without it you are awkward and have a disconnect with your partner. There are several different ways that you can help to connect with your significant other to avoid this disconnect.
1. When you realize that you have overreacted to something, voice it. Stop reacting to the situation, take a deep breath, and wait until you are calm. Wait until you can tell your partner what you are really feeling without saying too much that you will regret later.
2. Learn to express remorse that you have from your heart. If you are in a situation where you have hurt someone, make sure that you are really feeling sorry before you say it. This will show more emotion and show them that you are truly sorry.
3. If you know that you are being defensive, say so. Don’t wait for things to blow out of proportion or wait for someone else to get on your case about being so defensive.
4. Don’t use emotional disconnect as punishment. Don’t let it go on too long or it may end up causing damage that can’t be easily repaired.
5. Do not threaten to end your relationship if things don’t go your way. Once the words are out there they cannot be taken back. If you are going to convince someone to do what you want, think of a different way to do it.
6. Let sex be an expression of a connection that is already there, not a way to build that connection.
7. Your relationship is an adventure in life. You must realize that there will be pitfalls here and there, but if you work hard you get back up and continue on with life a little bit stronger and a little more maturely.
Date Posted: Thursday, December 8th, 2016 , Total Page Views: 4846
Like what you're reading? Please help us continue providing you with informative and thought provoking stories by becoming a supporter of Moorenews.net